Monday, March 10, 2008

 

Balloon Pilot Application Info

Balloons of Hope BalloonFest 2008
Pilot Application
Hope Arkansas June 13-14
Dear Pilot,
If you would like to fly in the 6th annual Balloons of Hope BalloonFest to be held June 13-14, 2008, please read and complete the following application. This is a fundraiser for the WWII aviation museum! Each pilot is asked to provide one sponsor flight for the event. There will be two balloon glows and two balloon flights. Pilot slots are limited to the first 15 completed applications. Check-in will be held at the Economy Inn, Hope Arkansas between 2 and 4 pm on June 13. The festival will be providing pilots hotel rooms and propane for the weekend. There is also $150 show up money.

Entry Fee: $50(refundable upon arrival) Commercial entry fee: $750.00
Pilots Receive: Pilot Pack -- Propane -- Hotel Room
Pilot Application
Name___________________________
Cert.#_____________________ private______ Comm._________
Date of Last Biennial________________
Address_______________________ City/St _________________ Zip____
Hm. Phone_____________ e-mail ___________________________
Shirt Size Sm.___ Med.___ Lg.___ XLg.___ XXLg.___ XXXLg.___

Balloon Information:
Mfg / Size of balloon_________________ N#________ Last Annual_____
Owner___________________ Address_____________________________
Insured by ____________________ Policy number___________________

Hotel Information: please circle one or designate if you decline lodgings
King or Two Doubles Smoking or Non-Smoking Decline

Crew Information: Do you need crew? Yes \ No If yes, how many? ____
# of Crew Rooms ___ King or Double Smoking or Non-Smoking

Signature of Pilot___________________________ Date_______________

Are you willint to offer tether rides ________YES _______NO


Mail To: Shelley Caraway, 322 Knowles St., Kilgore TX 75662


Entry agreement


In consideration for being allowed to participate in the Balloons of Hope Balloonfest June 13-14, 2008, I hereby agree to all the terms and conditions set forth in this entry agreement.

I agree that the organizers and sponsors of this event are providing me with the facilities and means for my participation in this event and in no way do they supercede the responsibility of the pilot-in-command on the ground or in the air. I am aware of and agree with the responsibility legally transferred to me under the Federal Aviation Regulations as regards my personal decision to fly my balloon and my bodily injury or property damage resultant from my liability. I further agree that none of the flights are mandatory and that I will make all flights at my option. By participating, I release Balloons of Hope, its committee, agents, beneficiary, and all sponsors from liability for their actions in conducting Balloons of Hope Balloonfest.

I will have in force a balloon insurance policy with the minimum limits of $100,000 minimum property damage and $100,000 minimum passenger liability for each and every passenger I carry through an insurance company with a BEST rating of at least B+ or its equivalent. I understand that anything less than these amounts will prevent me from flying in this event.

I declare that I am participating in Balloons of Hope BalloonFest of my own free will and I will accept and adhere to the rules and regulations and any changes or additions to such. I give permission for Balloons of Hope to use any still and motion pictures, sound recordings of me, my balloon, equipment, chase crew members, and agents for news, advertising, promotional media, and unspecified commercial uses.

This agreement, including rules, registration, and entry agreement, contains all the terms and conditions agreed to by the parties hereto, and no other agreements or discussion, oral or written, regarding the subject matter of the agreement shall be deemed to exist or bind any of the parties hereto.

Aircraft Radios are requested but not mandatory for all balloon operations.

I agree I will arrive having fulfilled all requirements for currency, attend all pilot meetings, provide one sponsor flight, cooperate with festival organizers and the FAA with regard to aircraft or documentation inspections, safety regulations, rules and judgments of officials, and that the Balloonmeister’s decision is final.
______________________________________________________________________Balloon Owner Date
______________________________________________________________________Pilot Date

Pilot Bio:

Name Home Town

Occupation # of years ballooning

Name of Balloon Shape/Mfg

Crew Chief

Most memorable ballooning experience

Funniest moment ballooning

Ballooning honors


Please don’t forget to include
Pilot Application ___
Entry agreement ___
Pilot Entry Fee ($50.00) or Commercial Entry Fee ($750) ___
Make check to
Balloons of Hope Balloonfest ___
4 x 6 Balloon Photo or trading card ___

Mail To: Shelley Caraway
322 Knowles St.
Kilgore TX, 75662

903/986-0933 cell or balloonist@peoplepc.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?